Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Bear at the Swan's Nest

Tonight I redeemed myself by avoiding the Wetherspoons pub.  Instead, I visited my favourite pub in Stratford-upon-Avon.  The Bear at the Swan's Nest is unusual because it is a pub (The Bear) within a hotel (Swan's Nest).  It has a lovely array of handpumps usually representing local breweries and tonight I chose a pint of Best Bitter from the North Cotswold Brewery.  A nice golden colour with plenty of hoppiness.  At 4.0% ABV it is a very nice session bitter.  It was one of two beers available this evening from the same brewery.  The second is the slightly stronger Shagweaver.  Only one pint again for me tonight though so I'll look for that one next time.  The Bear is situated across from the River Avon and has a riverside garden (across a minor road) which leads to a public car park.  Inside it has lovely comfortable chairs, friendly bar staff and a delightfully relaxing atmosphere.  Highly recommended if you are visiting this idyllic Warwickshire town.

No comments:

Post a Comment